Monday, June 23, 2014

And then there was one.


The weekend ended. We braved pirate attacks, watched dolphins, petted puffer fish, went surfing, swam in the canal and had a birthday party.  What a weekend!  But something is just not right.  She should be rocking beside me, sipping coffee that was delivered with a kiss, and discussing the weekend. How do I recover from her loss? I fear that I might become the sad old man that no one wants to be around, if it weren't for my incredible family.  Even in their own grief, they lift me up.

Today I hung back just because, well, just because I can. I'm retired, yeah.  We like to try and do some maintenance at the house so that it is ready for Steve and Mel, when they come down. It is very quiet.  As I was doing a little cleaning, not much to do as the kids cleaned everything before they left, I discovered these and it gave me quite a lift.


Can you see them?  Hand prints, nose prints, all sorts and at every height.  I hated to wipe them away.  Every grandkid, pressed against the glass watching for dolphins in the canal or waving at passing boats.  I could almost put numbers 1-7 on them as to which grandkid made them.  Soon as #8 starts walking there will be another set.

Thank you family for an incredible weekend and thank you God for an incredible family.

Good night my sweet Beth. We all miss you so much.

Pappy
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Love you. It was a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Instead of a kiss, it's a sudden gust of wind. Instead of talking out loud, now our conversations are in our hearts. It's a life changing adjustment, that I doubt we can fully understand until we are reunited. I'm glad the weekend was so joyous - that's the only way she would have it! Love you all.

    ReplyDelete