Thursday, April 24, 2014

Big Day

We left our hotel about 10:00 a.m. Hope we don't have to use that one again, too many smokers.  We had made arrangements to meet our former pastor and his wife in Victoria for lunch. Even after a rather peaceful night, getting ready to go wiped Meme out.  We called and canceled but will meet with them in the near future.

She slept almost all the way home. Waking every once in a while when the rhythm of the road changed.  An uneventful trip home, just the way we like it.

Today was the big day. Our first attempt at draining her plural catheter, or as Meme called it; "tapping her". I watched the instructional CD twice and then made notes or sort of a step by step procedure.  I read all the info they sent home.  We were ready.  Meme was the calm one about the whole thing, I was just afraid I would cause her pain.

It went really well!  We are a good team. I can organize and follow directions and she can keep everything calm and light. We removed 1000ml, the maximum allowed.  I hope that makes for a better night for her.  This will become a daily routine for a while and it will get easier as we become more comfortable with the procedure.  The goal is that she produces less and less fluid until it stops and then they will remove the catheter.

I noticed that Buc Days started today.  I held her hand for the first time at Buc Days 1970.  I used the old "Let's hurry across the street" trick and then I didn't let it go the rest of the night.  I haven't let go since and I sure don't want to. Don't think I would even know how to. We are a good team.

Blessing list;

Safe trip home from Houston
Making plans with friends
Calmed fear of necessary procedures
Homemade Bread
Meatball Nirvana
My Meme

Pappy



2 comments:

  1. You are a wonderful team!! I love you both. Prayers for a peaceful and restful night for both of you. Well I am off to work. xoxoxoxoxoox

    ReplyDelete