Thursday, October 27, 2011

What a Week!

 This week really had Mike and me on the go! Monday we had to be at Spohn South by 7:30 a.m. to have my new hardware, a medi-port, installed. We were both a little nervous after having someone call on Friday to tell me that my pre-op EKG showed a “heart attack and dead tissue.” This was followed by a giggle and the confession that she really did not know how to read one of these. The anesthesiologist read the EKG and said I was fine. It was good to have the surgery finished and to have it go smoothly. Thank you, Jesus.


If it was Tuesday, then it was PET scan. I couldn’t find a cat or dog to go so I had to take the test. They brought me to a little room and got me very comfortable. Then I was given an injection of "kryptonite" followed by 90 minutes of quiet and still. I did sleep. The scan only took about 15 minutes and hopefully I will get the good results tomorrow morning. Thank you, Jesus!

Wednesday was my heart echo sonogram. (I promise to destroy any and all technical terms) After thinking my heart was a chamber of horrors, it was so good to hear that I have a good and strong heart. Thank you, Jesus. This was one test where they allowed Mike to be there as well. I asked him, “Did you see that new place in my heart created when the grandchildren were born?” He replied, “No, but I did see Christ and me.” Tears of love flowed. He is my heart.

Today, Thursday, was a day off from medical tests. I so enjoyed lunch with my dear friend, Teri. We solved all the world problems and without even having dessert. Our lunch was followed by grocery shopping. Good to have a normal day. Tonight I took my five tiny steroid pills in preparation for my first chemo tomorrow. I plan to be just fine. I will not miss our girls’ day out with Heather and Haddie on Saturday. Haddie is starting ballet and tap and she needs the appropriate attire. So we will shop until one of us drops and I refuse to be the first!

Thank you again for your love and prayers. We cherish and love each one of you and we so appreciate each of your prayers.

1 comment:

  1. We love you guys so much. Praying more than usual for you two and all your doctors, nurses and unprofessional EKG readers. I am glad that everything looks good and that you have a fun Saturday planned!

    ReplyDelete