Saturday, November 12, 2011

Third treatment.

Good morning all.  Yesterday was my third chemo treatment. Mike waited until my ziploc of liquid benedryl had been administered to start a scrabble game (thank you Jenny). He beat me sooo bad! I did not get my bone scan results, hopefully next Friday. I have learned not to call because my doctor does not like to consult over the phone. My chemo went well and only took about 1 1/2 hours. There was one familiar face in the crowd that I remembered from the week before. There are way too many people getting chemo. Cancer does not discriminate. It does not care if you are alone or if you have someone to share the journey. I am blessed, I have my bestest friend by my side at all times. And I have so many people praying and loving me so strongly that we can allow humor back into our repertoire.  Today is the big wedding, Clay is marrying Taelyr! I was prepared to wear a hat or scarf but I still have all of my hair!  Now I have to figure out what to do with it.  Yes, Debbie, my outfit will include pantyhose and thank you for the offer but don't think I will need to hire a crew to help get me in them. I know some of you may be wondering if, when you see me in public will you recognize me because of the way cancer/chemo ravages the body. Yes!! I bet I am the only one who gains four pounds the first week following chemo. In my defense, all research says to try not to lose weight AND in Duckville we only had one trick or treater!!  I love all of you so very much. Thank you for your love and prayers!
Also, 35 years ago today Mike and I were blessed with 10-pound baby boy. He was and is such a blessing! Happy birthday, Son. We love you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment