Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Continuance


After she died, I was amazed,
The sun came up the very next day.
The birds were singing their glorious songs
As if nothing had been going on.

I couldn't imagine that these things would happen,
Because all around, my world was crashing
How could everything just continue on
Didn't they know that she was gone.

The sun came up and the sun went down
The world just kept turning around.
I felt everything was passing me by
Was I alone in wondering why?

And then it happens! A granddaughter's smile,
C'mon Poppy, dance with me a while.
So my feet start moving, down the line
But my heart lags, not wanting to leave that spot in time.

Isn't it known that she is gone?
How can everything just continue on?
Now I seem to be split in time.
Feet moving ahead, heart lagging behind.

I know that one day, through ways that can't be explained,
our Lord will put me together again.
Each day I pray, "help me move along",
Even though she is gone.


Good night my sweet Beth
I love you forever
Pappy

No comments:

Post a Comment