Tuesday, May 20, 2014

42 Years


Forty two years ago today, I married my High School Sweetheart and best friend.  I doesn't seem like that long, and it surely is not long enough.  It's a scary and exciting time to begin sharing a life together, but those memories of our first little apartment together could not be sweeter.  It was a one bedroom separated from a main house by a garage.  The owner was an older woman that lived by herself in the main house.  The house was on a dead end street in Annaville that ended in brush, but beyond the brush was a sendero where we would take walks in the evening.  It was quiet with rabbits and lots of birds. It was perfect.  The apartment is still there and we drive by sometimes.  It looks like no one has lived in it for a long time and was boarded up last time we looked.  If it was available, I wouldn't hesitate to move in and start another 42.

I still see my girlfriend whenever I look at her.  To me she will never change. 

I love you Beth.

Pappy




1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful anniversary post. What a blessing you all are to one another. Inspiring so many, I am sure. So grateful to know the blog is being updated regularly. I'll pop in to check for updates now. Praying for healing.

    ReplyDelete