Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Judo Aikido Workout

We try to do something together before a major medical event because we know that one of us is going to be uncomfortable afterwards. Before Beth's first knee operation, we went to a Dude Ranch and rode horses along the Guadalupe. Visiting with Steve and Mel was perfect before my event.  This time before Beth's surgery she told me that she had something planned but wouldn't tell me what it was.  She had to let me in on it a few hours before it was supposed to happen.  After contacting some of our Judo and Aikido friends, she had arranged a workout in our backyard, and prepared a meal for afterwards.  It was supposed to be about her but somehow  it was more about me, she seems to work that way.  With full approval from my doctors, it was my first workout in more that a year. It was great to see the young men and hear how they have been doing.



















Adding to my frequent flyer miles courtesy of Nathan airways!














Coy delivering Sumiotoshi.

















Just one toe left on the mat! Nathan and Alex.














Many thanks to Emma (self portrait) for the great pictures.


Our cup always runneth over!

No comments:

Post a Comment